Can I change my ATT Next plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lsh, Sep 18, 2014.

1. lsh macrumors 6502

I ordered att phone thru apple.com with Next 18. I'm now reconsidering to Next 12. Att chat person said I would have to return the phone to Apple and rebuy it to do so.
    Does that sound right?

2. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

I don't have any direct experience with it but that doesn't seem right to me. At the end of the day they just want you to have paid off $X of the current phone before trading for a new one. I would think that at month 12 you could just pay the difference at that time, or add a little more each month for 12 months.

3. lsh thread starter macrumors 6502

Yep, I guess that's true. And i could just pay off enough to upgrade if I wanted to do that in 12 months. I like the option to order thru Apple so I'll have to see how that would work.

4. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

If you chose 18, then you can't upgrade until after 18 mo's

5. huskerchad macrumors regular

6. aristobrat macrumors G5

For the link in the post above...

----------

After seeing the actual 0% financing contract that was sent to me (PDF) after I placed my order, I can see why it's something that AT&T couldn't just change on the fly.

7. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

You didn't say pay it off in full, so was just letting you know that if not pif, you couldn't upgrade until 18 mo's. ;)

8. aristobrat macrumors G5

That's not what it says though.

"For AT&T Next 18, pay a lump sum amount that equals 18 installment payments. When paid, you are eligible to trade in your AT&T Next smartphone."

9. nostresshere macrumors 68030

I see very little reason to change it.

Leave it alone.

10. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

With Next 12, you need to pay 60% of MSRP before you can do a trade in. with Next 18, you need to pay 75% of MSRP before you can do a trade in.

Personally, if you want to get a new phone after a year and signed up with Next 18, you're better off paying your remaining balance in full and selling the phone or using another trade in service (e.g. Apple, Best Buy, GameStop, Gazelle, etc).