Can I change my .mac email address?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by markw10, Aug 13, 2007.

1. markw10 macrumors 6502

I got a .mac account around 10 months ago. I haven't used it much but now with the increase in space I plan to start using it a lot. I'm not happy with the email address I created so before I start giving it out I want to create a new email address. Is it possible to do this? I know since my subscription is almost over I could simply wait and do a new .mac account instead of renewing. Also, I've heard that you can create a email only account under your .mac account and use it and then at the renewal of your primary .mac account make it into your primary account? Is that true and if so how much space do you have while it's a email only account?

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

I dont think you can change your primary email address. However, you can set up Aliases for your email address, that is you can create another .mac email name which is tied to the same inbox as your primary address. I have several aliases created for different purposes all tied to the same inbox.

3. GuillaumeB macrumors 6502

GuillaumeB

Wow you've posted this question in at least 3 different forums lol lets paste the answer here:

"Well the problem with alias is that you can't set them up as the default email address in the client or on the web...so you have to pick it from the drop down menu of the composer each time you want to write a new email message ( except when replying to an email sent to this alias...)"