Can I change my order to installment payments?

poblack

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
I successfully preordered my iPhone X this morning for Nov 3rd delivery. I followed the advice listed on here about using the app and then using Apple Pay to insure the quickest transaction. I ended up just paying to full amount up front. I would prefer to do the ATT installment plan. Can I do this, or should I just keep it the way it is to make sure I get the phone on the 3rd?

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
I successfully preordered my iPhone X this morning for Nov 3rd delivery. I followed the advice listed on here about using the app and then using Apple Pay to insure the quickest transaction. I ended up just paying to full amount up front. I would prefer to do the ATT installment plan. Can I do this, or should I just keep it the way it is to make sure I get the phone on the 3rd?
Are you near an Apple store? I'm sure to make this happen, you'll need to contact Apple after you receive your device. You'll have 14 days to make the change for AT&T's purposes... to be safe, make it 14 days from the SHIP date.

poblack

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
I am near an apple store.

I'll wait to get the phone then contact someone at Apple.

kimguroo

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2007
Someone said you can go to Apple store and return and rebuy. During that process, you can switch the plan.
Actually my wife and I bought two iPhone x yesterday and paid in full for both.
We have apple Barclays card which has $200 reward but decided to not using it yesterday because of slow check out process. Probably we will go to Apple store and ask return and rebuy then use $200 reward points.
Possibly one iPhone for Apple installment plan...