Can I change my plan with out ill effects?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chris.robison, Jun 14, 2010.

1. chris.robison macrumors regular

I'm really sorry, but I can't seem to find the answer to my questions. I've searched around but no luck.

If I end up going through Apple.com for iPhone 4 preorder, they do not offer the 550 FamilyTalk plan. So, if I get the 700, can I then have at&t drop it to the 550 up on receiving the phones? This is for a new plan.

Also, the pricing on apple.com is much higher than at&t.com at the moment.

Thanks for the help.

2. dave006 Contributor

dave006

If you are doing an upgrade and you currently have the 550 FamilyTalk plan ( limit of 3 lines in group ), you will be able to keep it and it will show up in the pre-order steps based your account and your ZIPCODE ( the 550 FamilyTalkis not available in all markets ).

If you currently have the iPhone Unlimited data plan it will also show up in the list of available plans ( that was part of this weekend's AT&T update :cool: ). You will have the option to keep the plan or chose one of the new lower priced data plans ( note they are capped at 200 MB or 2 GB ).

Just choose with care... Apple and AT&T do not offer different prices for the same plans! Worst case and you make a mistake on the voice rate plan, just change it later, it does not affect your contract.

Dave

3. chris.robison thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the help Dave. This will be a completely new account, coming from Sprint.

This is the part I needed. I can change it later, not affecting contract. Thanks!

Also, Apple.com currently DOES have different pricing. Hopefully it gets changed soon. I was told by an Apple rep it would be.

4. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

You should be fine. You can move up and down on the plans as as often as like. Only catch there is that you can't start a new rate in the middle of a service period, so you would have to start the new rate at the beginning of you next billing month. If you are worried, visit an AT&T store since the 550 Family Talk isn't advertised. BTW, that's the one I have.

5. chris.robison thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks sarcosis. My reasoning is that I just want to pre order and have the new phones shipped to me and not fight crowds, and all this talk of no whites available is having me lean towards just going through Apple. Their prices are currently bogus and they don't offer the one I need. So I think I'll just order the 700, get the phones, and drop down to 550. BAM.

:)