Can I charge my touch on another computer?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by B.A.T, Jul 21, 2010.

1. B.A.T macrumors 6502a

My girlfriend wants to borrow my touch and take it to a conference and test it out before she buys a new one in September. If she plugs my touch into her MBP will it try to sync up or cause any other problems?

2. jampat macrumors 6502a

It works fine, just leave itunes closed and it won't bother you about syncing (mine never has anyways).

If it does ask to sync, make sure she hits no or it will be erased.

3. B.A.T thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

+1

That would suck if she did....

5. EndlessMac macrumors 6502

If she just wants to charge it because it's a long day and not test out the syncing feature then you should get the USB Power Adapter. I have one and it works great when I'm not near my computer to recharge my Touch.

If she must use her laptop to charge your iPod Touch then have her go into the iTunes preferences and uncheck the Look for iPod Touch and other devices feature in the Devices section.

6. Panther71 macrumors regular

I agree that a USB Power Adapter might be the safest way to go. It should also charge up the iPod faster that way, too.

7. SlovakApple macrumors 6502

That's true, it will charge faster with an adapter than via USB on the notebook.

8. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Wait ill try and find the charging time for each... I couldnt find it... :(:eek:

From the USB its 4 hrs. but i couldnt find the AC Wall Adapter's.

9. dirkdirk80 macrumors member

Open iTunes first, go into system preferences, then click on the check box that stops iTunes from automatically syncing the device. You will be good to go then.

10. SlovakApple macrumors 6502

Lol, from my experience it is better. When using the wall adapter, I was able to watch vidoes on the touch and still charge the battery, while on the computer it would drain the battery and not charge (plugged all the time).

11. DifferentialApp macrumors regular

Yeah, the AC wall adapter is a lot faster than usb.