Can I charge my UK iPhone in the US?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by biscuits99, Jan 1, 2010.

1. biscuits99 macrumors member

2. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

That should work but America does have a smaller voltage ours is 230V on average and Americas is 110V.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

You can go to any Apple Store and get an Apple Power Adapter or ask them for a "Duck End Adapter" for your existing adapter. It replaces the plug end on the power adapter with the US Plug.

TEG

4. biscuits99 thread starter macrumors member

5. joe8232 macrumors regular

all you need to do is go to somewhere like boots and buy a UK>US adapter as the voltage in the states is lower so you have no fear of harming your device. Alternatively as someone else said you could buy the US bit for the end of the apple plug - cheap on ebay [something like http://bit.ly/8AACNJ ]

6. biscuits99 thread starter macrumors member

So the same iPhone will happily charge on 110v or 230/240v? So in that case I could just grab the item I linked to in the first post above, and use the UK apple plug I have.

7. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

All Apple Portable Device power adapters will work on any power system in the world, provided that you have the right connection for it. Even in those strange places where they are 100V/50Hz or 220V/60Hz, instead of the other standards.

TEG

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Yes, that'll work. I used the opposite of that to charge my US iPhone in the UK.

9. Yptcn macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

I have a french iPhone/watch/iPad and as I travel all over , I finally bought the  World adapter Kit and it avoided me to have to buy different adapters each time I go somewhere .
    No problem charging iPhone/iPad when going to the US so I assume it's the same for the  Watch