Can I connect iphone 4s to to web using a cable ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bobby9, Nov 27, 2011.

1. bobby9 macrumors newbie

Hi,

Just got a 32GB iPhone last week after 10 years of Nokia use and therefore a total newbie to to all this :)

I bought it from the Apple shop,so it is factory unlocked. I am going to Beijing in January and I know that most hotels don't have wireless.So,is there any kind of adapter that I can buy that will connect my iphone to the web through the cables in the hotels? (Not a tech-head at all,but I guess all ethernet cables are the same around the world...I think !)

Thanks for any help in advance :)

2. sahnert macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

You want something like the airport express that will easily make a wired connection wireless.

3. bobby9 thread starter macrumors newbie

Not sure what you mean by that. I know there will be wi-fi spots in the city and of course,I can use my credit from my SIM card etc,but it in the hotel at night when I want to browse as I don't want to take a lap-top.

4. boraxatude macrumors member

What Sahnert said.

Whenever I travel, I take along an extra airport express for hotels that don't have wireless. Works like a charm and it's very small. Set it up at home, before you go though.

Apple Store Link

[​IMG]

5. bobby9 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahh...I think I know what you are on about...told you I was new here !

So,the hotel ethernet cable plugs into this device and it emits a wireless signal for my iphone to connect to ?

6. boraxatude macrumors member

Yes.