Can I connect XBOX 360 to MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iNeed, Jun 19, 2012.

1. iNeed macrumors newbie

I am traveling and want to be able to connect my Xbox 360 S to my 13" MBP (Mid-2010). I want to be able to use my MBP Display as my screen for playing my Xbox 360 games. I was wondering if there are any cords I could use to do this? I could connect a HDMI cord from my Xbox 360 S to something to then output the video and audio on the MBO screen?

2. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

I'm not sure if there's any good way to do this. You could use some sort of video capture device maybe. There's no simple cord that you can use though.

3. iNeed thread starter macrumors newbie

i didn't think there was. I used to have a slingbox pro which would have only worked if I had a router too. But I need to travel light for this week long trip. I figured if there was a simple cord or 2 I could connect to make it work it's be worth it. Oh well. Thanks anyways

4. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

An EyeTV would work. It's a box with regular RCA jacks on one end and a regular USB connection on the other. Plug in your Xbox into the RCA jacks, the USB into your macbook, then launch the EyeTV application and set it to the AV input.

There's very little lag based on several reviews, but I don't have this setup personally.

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I've used an EyeTV Hybrid to play Xbox and GameCube before on my 07 iMac and eMac. Works really well with no noticeable lag at all. Just remember to turn off the time shift feature or you'll see about a 15 second lag.

6. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Sounds great. Might look into getting one for myself... :)

7. Centsy macrumors regular