Can I control/operate a iPad 3 using an iPhone or iPod...?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by baldana, Sep 2, 2012.

1. baldana macrumors newbie

LS,

In stead of getting an AppleTV, I want to buy an iPad 3 and install it permanently next to my LED TV. I will conntect the iPad 3 to my TV using the Digital HDMI Adapter but I need a way to control/operate the iPad 3 from a distance (like remote control) using either an iPhone or iPod or any other 3rd party device (remote control) that may exist.

Any suggestions/comments will be appreciated.

2. max53389 macrumors member

Just asking but why not the apple tv? You can controll that with an iPhone.

Back your question,
    I don't think you can becuase apple didn't make their devices to communicate in that way. I noticed that in some apps you can controll functions within the app over bluetooth with another app on the iPhone, but it can not controll the iPad.
    The apps I mentioned are games and I haven't seen this function in video streaming apps such as Netflix.

Also I think a apple tv and a iPad will go together so you can use the iPad as a remote/streaming (air play) device for your tv.

3. Bilalo macrumors 6502

Nop just get an apple tv or connect your laptop to the tv and connect ur ipad, iphone or ipod to ur laptop via splashtop streamer.