can I control Tidal with Apple Watch

Scarlet Siren

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
Edinburgh
hi, I currently subscribe to Tidal Hifi as I get a substantial discount.

Is there a way to control it using my watch like I can with Apple Music? There doesn't appear to be a Tidal AW app and The only thing I can do control the volume. I'm slightly annoyed as I have workout playlists and would like to be able to use my watch to control my music during my workouts.

Can anyone help?

Ludatyk

macrumors 68000
May 27, 2012
Texas
hi, I currently subscribe to Tidal Hifi as I get a substantial discount.

Is there a way to control it using my watch like I can with Apple Music?
As far as I know you can use Back and Forward under the "Now Playing" option for the Apple Watch. Up to this point there's really no Apple Music alternative for the Apple Watch.

I currently have Apple Music along with the YouTube Red both under the Family Plan. I doubt Apple would allow more openness of Music Subscription based apps for the Apple Watch.

Reactions: Scarlet Siren

Scarlet Siren

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
Edinburgh
As far as I know you can use Back and Forward under the "Now Playing" option for the Apple Watch. Up to this point there's really no Apple Music alternative for the Apple Watch.

I currently have Apple Music along with the YouTube Red both under the Family Plan. I doubt Apple would allow more openness of Music Subscription based apps for the Apple Watch.
I can't even go back and forth between tracks, I can only adjust the volume.

Disappointing. I like Apple Music but as I said I get quite a nice discount on Tidal but if I cancel I can't get it back again if I sign back up.

Thanks for responding.