Can I control which calendars can pop up notifications?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by cameronjpu, Sep 22, 2014.

1. cameronjpu macrumors 65816

On my iPhone I have several calendars, one of which is an employee of mine whose schedule I need to know (to know when I can schedule work for him) but it's been annoying me more recently to have that calendar on my phone because he just started a school semester, so I have tons of his classes on the calendar, popping up notifications every hour of the day.

Is it possible for me to tell my phone that I do want one calendar to pop up alerts, but not another?

2. mreddys10 macrumors regular

You can. Open Calendar, at the bottom, select 'calendars', select the 'i' next to the calendar. This page will have an option to turn event alerts off.

3. dallardice macrumors regular

Fantastic news! Is this new in iOS 8 or have I just not noticed it before?

However... it seems to only work on 'native' calendars. I am subscribed to a Google Calendar and an MS Exchange calendar, neither of which I want to be alerted for. I can move the "Notify" slider, but when I click "Done" I get the message "Cannot Save Event: That calendar can not be changed or deleted". When yuo re-enter the panel, the slider has moved, but the notifications keep coming...

Hopefully this will be tweaked in a update release soon.

4. cameronjpu thread starter macrumors 65816

Yep same thing happens to me on an exchange calendar.