iPhone Can I copy files from PC to iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ristin, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Ristin macrumors newbie

Probably a rookie question, sorry.

I have an Android device from my employer and one of the few things I like about it is the ability to plug into my PC and copy files to/from the device using Windows Explorer. Looks just like a drive and I have access to the various folders.
    My iPhone 4 is jail broken. What do I need to install and do to make my iPhone work the same way as the droid device? Is it possible?
    I have ifile installed and an app called phone drive but neither of those work the way I want. That could be due to user limitations as I will be the first to admit I'm borderline moron regarding all things iOS.

Thanks

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I'm not well up on jailbroken devices, but I am thinking you would still need Itunes on your PC? It is available for Windows, but jailbroken devices have a different way of doing things. Someone here will know, we have quite a few JB experts!:)

3. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

use iFunbox on your windows machine, it can access the iphone files structure.
    http://i-funbox.com

4. Ristin thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tip on i-funbox. Not quite what I wanted, but better than what I had. Still wish I could just plug into any windows machine and use windows explorer without needing iTunes and ifunbox.

5. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

only way this can be done.. is if it is jailbroken :/

if you do have it jailbroken/can.. install pwntunes.. it will allow you to save files via mycomputer etc.

6. Ristin thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks BFizzle. That's what I was looking for.

7. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

are you talking about using your iphone as an external hard drive?