Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

All iPads Can I create a mute button on my screen?

questionwonder

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 6, 2013
I just bought an iPad Air and I was wondering if it was possible to create a button on my screen to mute?
I'm aware of the drop down from the top right where I can slide the volume control to 0 and the physical volume buttons, but I'd like a one button solution.

Is there a native way to do it or a 3rd party app that will allow me to create a button like that...?

digitalexplr

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2016
Central Missouri
I just bought an iPad Air and I was wondering if it was possible to create a button on my screen to mute?
I'm aware of the drop down from the top right where I can slide the volume control to 0 and the physical volume buttons, but I'd like a one button solution.

Is there a native way to do it or a 3rd party app that will allow me to create a button like that...?

Perhaps a shortcut?

Comment

TerryClarke1987

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2019
What about switching the iPad to "Do not disturb" mode? How digitalexplr stated, maybe you can find a shortcut for that.

Comment

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
What could be easier than just holding the volume down button on the side?
This is what I do.

It’s probably going to be faster than being surprised at a loud noise, having to search for the mute button, then muting it.

Comment

Smici

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2019
What about the assistive touch home button? You can sign a Siri shortcut to that. Shortcut can mute the sounds?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.