Can I Delete my Archive of Tiger when upgrading to Leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Khryz, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Khryz macrumors 6502a

So I bought Leopard and received it during the first couple days of it's release. I did the Archive & Install option since lots of people said that was a good way to basically help protect my ass.

Now, it's been obviously several months and I still have the files from the Archive from Tiger. Do you think it's safe for me to delete them now? I have a Macbook, 120 gb and I still have 56 gb free but the Archive process took up at least 10 gb from what I can remember.

Should I just keep it and only delete it if I manage to be down to sub-10 gb in storage or is it basically worthless to keep now?

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

do you need anything from your past Tiger install? like documents or app files? go thru the previous system and collect the files you need.

how is the Leopard install going? no issues? if so you can safely delete the previous system folder.

3. Khryz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Everything I need was safely transfered from Tiger to Leopard. All my programs, documents, etc. If it's been since October and I haven't noticed anything I might have forgotten then I think I'm okay.

I bought this laptop in July so I didn't have much to begin with anyway.

I was just curious if deleting the Archive of Tiger would mess anything up?