Can I delete the Library's Printers Folder?

apattee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2006
Will this get rid of all the printer drivers I don't need, or is this a bad idea?

TigerPRO

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2003
Wisconsin
Will this get rid of all the printer drivers I don't need, or is this a bad idea?
No, I would not recommend that. Unless someone has a specific experience of doing it without any negative affects. I tried that under Tiger and it directly caused the system to become very unstable for some reason.

apattee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2006
No, I would not recommend that. Unless someone has a specific experience of doing it without any negative affects. I tried that under Tiger and it directly caused the system to become very unstable for some reason.
well i just did it, but if there's a problem, i can always put it back with time machine!

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
I deleted most of it but the hp directory (I have an hp printer). No problems.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
apparently

Apparently, if you ever need a printer driver, just plug in the printer and run software update. It will load the necessary driver.