Can I Do All Activations, and Pay Deposit From Home?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DocDoom, Jun 20, 2009.

1. DocDoom macrumors regular

Im thinking of getting an iPhone 3gs. I have no credit, and have to pay a deposit fee to At&t. Can i just order an iPhone online from At&t, and then call at&t and pay the deposit through the phone with my debit card, when i get the iPhone? and can i do all the plan activations and account settings through the phone without having to go out to any At&t store??

2. hokiepokie07 macrumors 6502a

what do you mean deposit fee?

Do you mean the activation fee? you can pay that online.

they still do a credit check on you online, it will ask for your SS#

3. DocDoom thread starter macrumors regular

i think its called a deposit fee, i did a credit check online on there website, and stated that i have to pay a 500$ fee, because of my low credit, which i will receive back after paying all bills after a year. Can i pay this fee over the phone after i get my iphone, or cna i pay it through itunes?

4. mikey28 macrumors 6502

you will prob. have to go down to an AT&T to handle this transaction.

5. Carlos E macrumors 6502

Carlos E

I tried to purchase through Apple's site and ATT and both said I needed to leave a deposit. I called ATT and they said if a deposit is required, it has to be paid in person. You have to go to either an Apple or ATT store.

6. DocDoom thread starter macrumors regular

OO..so can i just pay the deposit fee at the store, then order the iphone online, and activate it once i get it?

7. milk242 macrumors 6502a

Why don't you just purchase the iphone from att (if they have one) right after you put down the deposit?

8. DocDoom thread starter macrumors regular

Would just rather order it online, that way i could receive it and do all the opening and un packing myself..im weird like dat lol...so, can i just pay the deposit fee at the store, then, og home and order the iphone online, and activate it once i get it?

9. DocDoom thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone...?? can i just pay the deposit fee at the store, then, or home and order the iphone online, and activate it once i get it?

10. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

Uh, no? Why would that be possible? To pay a deposit on something, you have to be buying something, right?

The deposit is paid upon registering a contract for your iPhone with AT&T. So, basically, no.

Just buy the phone at the store. It'll be sealed! You can open it yourself either way.

11. DocDoom thread starter macrumors regular

But doesnt the ATT rep open it for you, in order to activate it? or do they just scan the barcode on the box?

12. Carlos E macrumors 6502

Carlos E

They open the box in store to activate the phone unless you buy the phone out right at the no commitment price.

13. DocDoom thread starter macrumors regular

What..???

14. Carlos E macrumors 6502

Carlos E

If you buy the phone with a 2 year contract they open the box to activate the phone. You can buy an iPhone at a no contract price which is $599 for the 16gig an $699 for the 32gig. They do not activate the phone, they just hand it to you.