Can I do the early $399 Upgrade at Best Buy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Greenhoe, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Greenhoe macrumors regular

I plan on upgrading my iPhone 3G and I have to pay the early upgrade price of $399. I saw online that the early upgrade can only be done at an ATT store, although none of them around my place have the iPhone in stock.

My local best buy is getting some in tomorrow so I reserved one and put down $50 bucks telling them what I planned on doing, they said that I can upgrade although I wondering that when I go down there tomorrow do you think they won't be able to upgrade? Has any done the early upgrade option at Best buy?

2. dave006 macrumors 68020

You can get the price that AT&T indicates on your account.

The recent discussion about an "early upgrade" are different that the "Early Upgrade" eligible on AT&T for a reduced discount on the iPhone. The recent discussion about an early upgrade were triggered by the June 17 announcement by AT&T that they were going to allow current iPhone 3G customers that were upgrade eligible in July, Aug or Sept an eary upgrade for the $199 / $299 pricing. In some cases the accounts were not upgraded and customers were asked to go to an AT&T Corp retail store to have the June 17 "early upgrade" processed after a review of the customer's account.

If your account currently shows that you can receive the $399 / $499 pricing from AT&T then you can receive that same price at AT&T, Apple or Best Buy.

Dave

3. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Plus at BB you can insure it with the black tie protection plan and it covers everything but theft. Worth 14 dollars a month to me.