Can I do THIS on my iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by NJRonbo, Mar 8, 2012.

1. NJRonbo macrumors 68000

In an attempt to move away from a laptop completely....

Most of my work on my website involves posting press releases.

I simply copy and paste the press release from email to my discussion forum (which is similar to the format of MacRumors).

Since these press releases always include a HUGE .gif of the product, I have to open Photoshop and resize the photo prior to posting it on the site.

So, here is the question....

How do I take attached artwork in the email, download it to my iPad drive, and then resize it on the iPad before uploading it to my site? What program can I use to resize the photo? Will the new iPhoto for iPad do that?

Like a computer, can I simply drag a photo to the desktop (how do I save it?), open up a program, resize and save?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

2. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

The new iPhoto app will allow you to resize an image, yes.

3. NJRonbo thread starter macrumors 68000

Appreciate the response.

So stick with me here for another moment, please...

How do I save photos from webpages and emails?

Do they drag to the desktop like you would on a computer?

How would I stage a few pictures from email and web in one area/folder to resize in iPhoto?

Thanks

4. stevelam macrumors 65816

from a webpage, you just tap and hold on an image and it'll ask if you want to save it. in an email you basically do the same thing. just tap it and save image. they all end up in your camera roll "folder".

5. xnickitynickx macrumors regular

xnickitynickx

^^itll either save there, or more likely, in the photos app as its own thing. But definitely, just hold your finger on the picture and when the option comes up, just hit save.

6. laurenr macrumors 6502a

in the Photo App on the iPad, you can select multiple pictures, and create a new album, into which you copy them.

In the iPad iPhoto App, you can create a Journal with selected images. this allows customization of how the images would be displayed on each page.