Can I do This on my iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by GovtLawyer, Oct 2, 2010.

1. GovtLawyer macrumors 6502

I have a few PDF one page documents which I sometimes email to clients. They fill them out and either email it back or fax it back. I'd like to be able to email those same documents from my iPhone. Is there a way to get them on my iPhone and email them as attachments from my iPhone?

Thanks - Steven

2. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

PDFs are kinda weird with the iPhone. You can receive them through email and save them (via iBooks) but you can't email saved PDFs from iBooks. I guess what you may be able to do in your case is email yourself the blank PDFs that you send to your clients and when you need to send them, just forward the email to your client with the correct PDF file attached. When they send back the filled out PDF, you can save the attachment and have it to view in iBooks but, like before, if you want to send this PDF via email you would need to forward the email with the correct attachment.

I would maybe look into other apps/services such as google apps or drop box and see if they allow you to email PDF files.

3. GovtLawyer thread starter macrumors 6502

Might work

Emailing them to myself might work, as you suggested. I have no need to open them in the iPhone. I could do that on my regular computer.

Suppose the file were a .doc rather than a PDF? I assume most people, regardless of their platform can open up a .doc file. Would that be doable from my iPhone?

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I suggest you jailbreak your phone.

5. peterh337 macrumors newbie

With an Iphone 4 (non-JB one) Altamail is capable of emailing a PDF attachment which came from elsewhere. Not sure if this helps.

I have found Altamail way better than the built-in email app. It can also print attachments etc to network printers.