can I do this when ordering?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pound4pound30, Jun 10, 2010.

1. pound4pound30 macrumors 6502

pound4pound30

The 15th I am pre ordering 2 iPhone 4s from Apple.com.

The question is can I order 2 iPhones at one time with the same card? Or do I have to pre order one then go through the process again to pre order the second?

Any help is appreciated.

2. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

I think they said 1 per household, so they will either track by card or delivery address.

3. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

+1

4. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

This is from AT&T's FAQ

AT&T stores will sell one iPhone 4 per person for new customers, and one device per household for new orders placed online. Existing customers may purchase one per eligible telephone number online or through our stores.​

From this, as long as you are an existing customer with an eligible upgrade, you can upgrade on all eligible numbers. The 1 limitation is for new customers only.

5. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

All I know is I'm ordering for me and my sister, each under our own name. I'm an existing customer and my sister is switching from Sprint. If I can only order one, my sister is SOL.

The OP is ordering from Apple's website, not AT&T.

6. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

The restrictions for contracts could be set by AT&T. I'm sure their policies aren't too different to what Apple's will be.

7. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

1 per customer applies for AT&T orders, not Apple. Apple lets you order more. It probably has mire to do with supply than anything.

At least that's how it was with 3GS pre-orders and buying 3G in store on launch day. I was able to get 2 both times. First gen was 1 per customer at launch.

8. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

I'm sure Apple goes by their regular limit for new items, two per credit card. If 10 people in the same house want to order one, they probably can as long as they use 5 or more different cards.

9. pound4pound30 thread starter macrumors 6502

pound4pound30

So when I go to apples website it will ask if I want to order more than 1?. Is it just easier to go to a local AT&T store that is 2 mins away and stand in line hoping I get 2 the day of launch?

10. snook911 macrumors 6502a

why not just order one from apple and one from at&t and have them both shipped to your house.

11. Focker macrumors member

I'm curious about this too. My wife & I are current at&t customers on family plan and both of our lines are upgrade eligible. I was hoping to just do the whole preordering process thru apple, but I'm not sure if they'll allow us to order more than 1. I may have to order both thru at&t or 1 from apple & 1 from at&t. I'd want both to ship to my house.

12. pound4pound30 thread starter macrumors 6502

pound4pound30

Yea now I'm just thinking order through AT&T. No different they will both be here the 24th. And I know I can order 2 through AT&T. Works for me.

13. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

If you're upgrade eligible and a current customer, you will be allowed to preorder all eligible lines.

14. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

last year when we ordered we had to place 2 separate orders (both from apple)... one order per eligible phone line.

15. pound4pound30 thread starter macrumors 6502

pound4pound30

ok. They both seem easy enough. I dont know which to do yet though