Can I do this with Keynote?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Gentile, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Gentile macrumors regular

Gentile

I am loving Keynote but have no idea if the following is possible:

1) At the end of the slide, have it transition by a mouse click to an earlier slide (by default it transitions to the next slide).

2) Have an animation effect happen only once - so if I return to that slide the transition would not happen again. For example, I have some text pop on a slide. I would like it to remain there without animating again even if I go back to the slide by a hyperlink.

2. rynoman macrumors newbie

rynoman

try this?

why not just copy the previous slide with the new text/info, and put it after the slide you would click from? as for the animations ... maybe have slides that don't have the animation, and link to those? just some thoughts off the top of my head... :rolleyes:

3. Gentile thread starter macrumors regular

Gentile

I am doing a Jeopardy type review game and need to return back to a main slide with question categories.

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Don't know if you can do it as the transition between the slide but you can add links to the slides, although you will have to attach the link to a piece of text/object

Picture 1.png

5. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

This would work perfectly -- I've done the same scenario you describe. Copy slide #1 to slide #5 and just make changes to the content so that it appears without the transition. You can even grey-out other boxes in the second iteration.

6. rynoman macrumors newbie

rynoman

also try a search for Jeopardy + template + Keynote (or PowerPoint... I'm assuming Keynote can recognize and use templates made for PP).

I've seen more than one person do this type of presentation at my office... I'm sure they used a template.