Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reptilia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2004
Hi,

Well, this is my first post on the forum so hope all goes well :)
Question. If i have a jpeg image and have downloaded it to my desktop, can i copy/paste it from my deskyop onto a website ?

Cheers,

TheT

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2002
Germany
reptilia said:
Hi,

Well, this is my first post on the forum so hope all goes well :)
Question. If i have a jpeg image and have downloaded it to my desktop, can i copy/paste it from my deskyop onto a website ?

Cheers,
The Mac alternative to copy/paste is drag 'n' drop... just take the file from your desktop and drag it to Dreamweaver or whatever you use to create the website...

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
TheT said:
The Mac alternative to copy/paste is drag 'n' drop... just take the file from your desktop and drag it to Dreamweaver or whatever you use to create the website...
You certainly can do this. The easiest method is drag and drop (like the previous poster mentioned), but it only works if whatever program you are using supports drag and drop. To use this method, open the JPEG in Preview, and also open the other program you want to put the image into. Click and hold on the JPEG in Preview and drag it to the other program's window (holding down the mouse button the entire time). To drop it, simply release the mouse button once the image is over the correct window and in the place you want it to go. If drag and drop isn't available, then you can copy and paste the image instead. Assuming you have the image open in Preview and Preview is the active application, choose Copy from the Edit menu (or press Command-C on your keyboard). Switch to the other application, activate the window you want the picture to appear in, then choose Paste from the Edit menu (or press Command-V on your keyboard).

reptilia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2004
Can i do this with Preview ?

Drop & drag does not work, neither does the cut and paste. It seems i can cut the image from Preview, but when i activate the website where i wish to paste the picture, i select Edit & the option to paste is not in bold to select.
I tried using the keyboard but no luck :confused:

reptilia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2004
no, it's not my website. Its just a guitar forum & i want to attach a few pictures of some of my guitars.

abhishekit

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
akron , ohio
reptilia said:
no, it's not my website. Its just a guitar forum & i want to attach a few pictures of some of my guitars.
oh you wont be able to copy paste on that. Generally in forums, like this one, there is a button for 'add attachments'. you will have to use that, or the img tags.

cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.