Can I do this?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zombierunner, Sep 21, 2011.

1. zombierunner macrumors 6502a

zombierunner

I am on a 2 year iphone 4 contract with vodafone (UK). my contract expires july 2012 ....

Obviously I'd have to pay ridiculous amount of money to upgrade to iphone 5 when it comes out .. i was wondering .. my dad's contract runs out soon .. if i tell him to get iphone 5 with vodafone .. could i just put my sim in it and use it and give my iphone 4 to him .. would it work?

2. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

I don't know how they handle things over in Europe. But in America with AT&T they let you use another lines upgrade for your own line no questions asked. So say your wife had an upgrade, but she did not want a new phone. You could just simply tell the sales representative to use her available upgrade on your line.

3. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5313e Safari/7534.48.3)

Should work just fine.

4. DeaconGTG macrumors member

Yes.

If I were your Dad though I'd be using the upgrade for myself. :p

5. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

6. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

Yeah, you wouldn't have any trouble with it. Any phone locked to a network (e.g. Vodafone) will accept any SIM that's registered to said network.

7. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

You will have no problem at all doing this. Now you just have to convince you're dad to give to his upgrade to you :D

8. zombierunner thread starter macrumors 6502a

zombierunner

He's already game for it ... thanks a lot guys .... so i guess i'll be getting the new iphone 5 sooon ... woot woot! and then next year when my contract runs out .. i get iphone 6 .. then year after that i get him to get iphone 7 and i take that and give him my iphone 6 ... and so on .. new iphone every year .. :rolleyes: