Can I do this?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dpash, Oct 23, 2007.

1. dpash macrumors newbie

hello everyone. I have a question that I know has been probably asked a million times on here but I'm on my ipod touch at the airport so its difficult to search with this poor wifi signal they have here. Anyways here is my dilemma. I've had the touch for a week now and love it but I feel now that I would probably love the iPhone more.

I'm with t-mobile and have my corporation dealing strictly with them and at the moment can't change over. So like many I wouldlike to get the iPhone and unlock it. I know there was a problem with iPhones being bricked but was that because those users updated their phones in iTunes with the new update or did a t and t do that on their own. Sorry for being a dummy not sure how that works. Also have they winced fixed that? So that if I should unlock and a new update comes ou I would know not to update until we basically have the all clear. Also with tmobile I have a unlimited blackberry and text messenger that I use and pay for. Is it simply takin the sim card and poppig it into the iPhone and that's it. Or would I have to change plans. My last question is that if I was home and wanted to go online am I using minutes or data or can I simply use my wifi like I'm doing now ? Thanks for any help and patience.

2. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

You can still get an iPhone on T-Mobile, but you will have to wait when updates come out for them to be cracked. In other words, about the only drawback right now is that you have to wait an additional month or so for each update as the dev team cracks each one.

And yes, wifi does not draw from your minutes... and on AT&T the EDGE connection is unlimited.