Can I downgrade from SL to Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lobeyonekenobi, Jun 30, 2010.

1. lobeyonekenobi macrumors regular

lobeyonekenobi

Can anybody tell me if i can downgrade from SL to Leopard as i think SL is causing my computer to run really slow.

I have a 2007 Macbook 1GB and only 80GB hard drive, i'm going to give it to my daughter as I'm getting a HP 2120TX lap top and a 27" iMac when they refresh them. Thing is the MB is really sluggish even doing the simplest task.

Could it be that SL is the problem cos the low amount of RAM, should i just re-install Leopard, and if i can how do i do it.

Thank you in advance

2. emiljan macrumors 6502

emiljan

Yes you can revert back to leopard! I don't suggest you do it though.

Instead get some more ram for your MB. The increase in performance will be greater than going back to Leopard.

If you still want to revert back to Leopard:

1. Use your Snow Leopard DVD and wipe your hard-drive and reformat it to (hfs+).
    2. Then insert your Leopard DVD and install as you normally would.

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I suggest getting a better hard drive. I replace my stock HD in my 07 Blackbook and noticed much faster startups and shorter loading times. It was even quieter too.

4. lobeyonekenobi thread starter macrumors regular

lobeyonekenobi

As I'm getting two new computers shortly, buying more things for my MB will be hard to justify. But how would i go about getting more RAM, and how much would it be?