General Can I Download (& Purchase) an App I Already Purchased and Refunded?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by HappyDude20, May 28, 2014.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I purchased an app a few weeks ago and on a whim decided to ask Apple for a refund for said app.

Upon further thinking, I decided I really need this app (you don't realized how important it is until it's gone) and am willing to re-purchase it...

However, upon entering the App Store in any device I'm told I can't download said app as pictured.

So my obvious question you all is, how can I get this app back?

Attached Files:

2. Señor macrumors 6502

Señor

Contact Apple telling them you changed your mind. :rolleyes:

3. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

Also be aware that you cost the developer out-of-pocket expenses with your refund, as Apple would not have reimbursed the developer with their 30% cut.

4. HarryT macrumors 6502

HarryT

Please think EXTREMELY carefully before getting a refund for an app. Developer's spend an awful long time to get these apps to market and when someone gets refund it does cost them money. It shouldn't be on a whim. If the app has serious flaws or doesn't work as intended then yes get a refund but when its just something you might not use often.. it's not something you should get a refund for.

Interested to know what you said to apple as the reason for requesting a refund?

5. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I honestly wish I could remember what I told apple for the refund. Seriously. I've just been working so many late nights that I asked for the refund on a whim, admittedly.

I do remember something about the thirty percent cut, but my illogical self pictured it that Apple would lose money on the refund and not the developer. Without even asking, the MR community provides the true situation for me and admittedly feel somewhat bad towards the developer.

As I said, I can't remember what I told apple for the refund but I'm sure it was something a long the lines of oh I meant to our chase a different app or something. Again not too sure,, but the refund did go through.

6. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

You can re-purchase the app using iTunes on a computer, but not via the App Store on your phone. Log into iTunes, go to the store, select apps, search for the app you want, and then click to purchase it.

Once you have bought it again, go to the app store on your phone, click on the 'purchased' tab and you will see the app with a cloud icon alongside it. Click on this and the app will be downloaded to your phone. Use as normal.

7. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Thank you I'll give it a try now and post the result soon enough!

8. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

It worked and automatically downloaded to my iOS devices! Thank you !!!!!!!!

9. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

No probs :)

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

11. BrianMojo macrumors regular

This need to get pinned, or starred, or just given the biggest high five ever. Thank you, you just saved my bacon, worked like a charm!

I couldn't believe that Apple really didn't want me paying good money for an app again simply because I got a legitimate refund before. A bug afterall... :eek:

12. TimmerSuds macrumors newbie

Anyone try this lately?

I would like to repurchase an app I had refunded and have not been able to accomplish it.

Thanks

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My advice is to try it and report back.

14. iOSJake macrumors newbie

Thank you so much for this information! It worked perfectly for me today :cool: