Can I download software updates just once for my 3 macs?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sladey, Aug 27, 2008.

1. sladey macrumors regular

I have 3 macs, all pretty much with the same software. Every time there's an update (mainly OS X or MS Office updates) I seem to have to download everything 3 times!!!

I can't afford the bandwidth.

Is there any way I can store the downloads somewhere so I only ahve to do them once?

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Download them directly from the apple.com/support/downloads site.

3. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

As Chundles said, the OSX updates can best be downloaded from site he listed, but not knowing what your 3 machines are or what OS each is running pay particular attention to what system each download is for. While many are universal, there are some (Quicktime and some Security Updates come to mind) that come in different versions that are dependent on either which version of the OS you are running or whether they will be installed on a PPC or Intel powered Mac. Find the right files and download them and then copy to a flash drive or CD and use that to update the others.

Also, I don't believe that will help with MS Office updates since it is a Microsoft product, although I'm sure they have something similar to the downloads section of Apple.

OK take 2- they do have a download center for Mac products at http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx

4. sladey thread starter macrumors regular