Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ethos Evoss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2013
Earth
Waht u think guyz ?
I have installed cydia but all is inactive .. DO you think I can erase it via phone ?
I wanna keep 9.3.3 tho ..
If I use itunes am F**ed with 9.3.4

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California
Inactive ? Did you reboot and not rejailbreak again? The new JB requires this. To answer your question, no, erasing will mess things up. Ive read that it's not as dangerous as it used to be, but I wouldn't. I'd try the re jailbreak process.

Edit: if Apple is still signing 9.3.3 you can upgrade to 9.3.4, then downgrade back to 9.3.3. I'm not sure they are though

Ethos Evoss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2013
Earth
Inactive ? Did you reboot and not rejailbreak again? The new JB requires this. To answer your question, no, erasing will mess things up. Ive read that it's not as dangerous as it used to be, but I wouldn't. I'd try the re jailbreak process.
Meaning inactive is, that i need to go to that chinese app to get jailbreak active again..
Bcos installed AirBLue Sharing and stucked in apple boot logo.. So with active jailbreak won't boot .. After Hard reset (pwr+hme btns) it let me go in the phone but no jailbreak so no access to anything.. not possible to uninstall that F Air Blue Sharing app..

Peter K.

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2012
Philly / SoCal / Jersey Shore
Meaning inactive is, that i need to go to that chinese app to get jailbreak active again..
Bcos installed AirBLue Sharing and stucked in apple boot logo.. So with active jailbreak won't boot .. After Hard reset (pwr+hme btns) it let me go in the phone but no jailbreak so no access to anything.. not possible to uninstall that F Air Blue Sharing app..

I'm no expert, but I am almost sure that one or more will agree with me when I say that a DFU restore to 9.3.3 and re-JB is what to do.

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California

I would restore to new 9.3.4, then downgrade back to 9.3.3 while Apple is still signing it. You can google the downgrade process and the 9.3.3 file

Ethos Evoss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2013
Earth
I would restore to new 9.3.4, then downgrade back to 9.3.3 while Apple is still signing it. You can google the downgrade process and the 9.3.3 file
really ?? is still possible ? to downgrade 9.3.3 ?
[doublepost=1470950304][/doublepost]
I'm no expert, but I am almost sure that one or more will agree with me when I say that a DFU restore to 9.3.3 and re-JB is what to do.
I red this so that is why am bit scared.. they been telling him ''noo u didn't brick the device'' but he in reality DID...
https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/3l4teq/help_reset_all_content_and_settings_pressed_on/

Ethos Evoss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2013
Earth
All done :) now all cydia apps (20 of 'em) needs redownloading .. :-/ EXCEPT crappy AirBlue sharing
Guyz u know what is insane ? I've done DFU restore 9.3.3 restored backed up iphone from PC itunes jailbreaked and it loaded repos itself ?!?!?! I didn't need to add manually
So itunes backing repos up ??? :O :D
EDIT : there should be app for backing up cydia apps tho.. I don't remember what I had everything on...

Ethos Evoss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2013
Earth
Next time just boot into safe mode and uninstall app or tweak thats makes your device crash
no mate safe mode is NOT possible when there is no jailbreak active..
[doublepost=1471024557][/doublepost]
You never ever ever do an erase all on a jailbroken device.
You and all the new jb people try to remember that.
yeah I know that's why I didn't do it.. man yppl f*ed up iphones

cyber16

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
This post is a your milage may vary...
Only give it a try if Apple is signing still.

A few days back on a iPad air 2 64gb wifi only model I tried something just to see if it would work.
The iPad was jailbroke on 9.3.3
went into cydia and removed most of the few tweaks I had installed such as app sync, ifile, flex and a few others.
Then rebooted the iPad to shut down the tethered jailbreak
At that point I did a reset, erase all...
It took a couple minutes and when done booted to the welcome setup screen
Set up as new and jailbroke it again.
I had no bootloop what so ever...
Tested it and everything seemed to be working just fine after replacing the tweaks.

Since I did a complete restore from scratch while the window for 9.3.3 is still open.

Again, the erase reset all was done with the jailbreak deactivated.

DON"T try this unless the signing window is open and only when not in jailbroken mode or as a last option.

kevinoutdoors

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2016
D

Does cydia eraser work on ios 9.3.3 as well as it does on 8.4?
I sure hope so. It got updated to support 9.3.3 and I'm pretty sure they tested it well before publishing. And Apple is stil signing 9.3.3, so there's nothin to loose.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.