Can I exchange preordered iPad in Apple Store on launch day?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jarson, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Jarson macrumors regular

Jarson

Well, I think I've made unforgiven mistake. Previously I had myself an iPad 2 16gb - I haven't encountered lack of capacity, but even so, It was very seldom. Now I've ordered 16gb as well, but then I just realised that apps will take even more space due to higher resolution, so if I'll take my new delivered iPad to the Apple Store (UK), will they allow me to return it on a place to buy a higher capacity version?

Thanks in advance.

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Yes, but only if they have them in stock of course, which is unlikely on launch day (and if last year was any indication, there could be a shortage for several weeks).

3. fat jez macrumors 68000

fat jez

I thought anything ordered online couldn't be returned to a store?

4. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

I would just buy what I really want on launch day and return the ordered one at a later date.

5. theshirlgirl macrumors member

According to the return policy on the website you can return to any apple store (US).

You could always get to an apple store early on the 16th to buy the one you want (hopefully), then return the one you received later or the next day. You might even be able to do both in the same day depending on how early you receive yours. It will be a matter of luck and timing...

6. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

You can exchange, assuming you are ok waiting in line .....and assuming they have the model you want by the time you get through line.

7. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

Or if you get yours early or have your spouse, friend, etc. receive the item for you while your in line you can turn around and sell it to someone standing in line, (price up to you) and grab the one you want.