Price Advice Can I get a discount buying from an Apple Retail Store?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by fierceangel, Sep 12, 2013.

1. fierceangel macrumors newbie

I really want an iMac, but I can't justify spending all that money on something that may (or may not) be updated soon. However, I would be more than willing to buy one now at a discounted price. There doesn't seem to be any places in the UK with deals, all seem to be the same price as the online store.

From experience, can anyone tell me if when a product is reaching the "end of it's cycle", will they offer it for a discounted price? Are they competitive with the online store, as in will go that extra mile to secure a purchase?

2. simsaladimbamba

You could always take a look at the Refurbished Mac section in the Apple Online Store of your country.
    Or wait till October/November.

Anyway, a Haswell iMac will not be that much faster than a current iMac, as Haswell is aimed at notebook chips (more battery life, better integrated graphics processor (IGP)).

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

Once a new generation like Haswell comes out, pre-haswell versions go to the clearance section in the Apple Online Store. They are not sold in Apple physical stores. The price is reduced 10-20%, but online only.

4. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

If you know someone at university you cant get a 12% discount and 3 year warranty. Or just get the uni discount via other means ;) (like loads of others in the UK are doing - not me though as I get 12% via my wife's employer).