Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mitsitsad

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
While waiting for prices to drop as well as waiting for my bumper knock off to come from china, can I just go to the apple store, buy a bumper, and be refunded immediately without having to wait until next week to 'apply' for a free one?

NWI73

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
While waiting for prices to drop as well as waiting for my bumper knock off to come from china, can I just go to the apple store, buy a bumper, and be refunded immediately without having to wait until next week to 'apply' for a free one?

No. Apple stores pulled their supply and cannot sell them.

Krad3130

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2010
Winter Park, FL
When?

When will we know the free bumpers are available to be picked up? I haven't seen anything as to how they are going to go through this HUGE process of giving everyone with an iPhone 4 (Who hasn't already purchased one) a free bumper.

Thanks all!

bmw000

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2008
When will we know the free bumpers are available to be picked up? I haven't seen anything as to how they are going to go through this HUGE process of giving everyone with an iPhone 4 (Who hasn't already purchased one) a free bumper.

Thanks all!

As per the press release. Steve said late this week they will be available to order on Apple's website.

bmw000

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2008

As per the press release, it's only for people who purchased an iPhone before 9/30 and those who already purchased a bumper will be able to get a refund.

No you can't go buy one now. You have to wait until late this week and do it on Apple's website. They might allow it to be done in-store, but I haven't seen an announcement for that.

spades1412

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
I have a great idea. Instead of coming onto these forums and asking these stupid questions, maybe you folks should hop on over to apple.com and watch the press conference. Its pretty clear how this is going to work.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
I have a great idea. Instead of coming onto these forums and asking these stupid questions, maybe you folks should hop on over to apple.com and watch the press conference. Its pretty clear how this is going to work.

Here's my idea. Relax. And if a thread like this gets you agitated - exit the thread without hitting reply just to condescend.

The Dude Abides

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2010

In all fairness, I think what adds to the confusion is the news sources not getting it right.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/mobile/07/16/apple.iphone4/index.html?hpt=Sbin

According to CNN...

"Customers will be able to visit an Apple store for a free case between now and September 30."

timmy2

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2010
good idea if apple site had info

My idea would be for apple to show something on the site - other than a video of jobs ego

timmy2

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2010

timmy2

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2010
Spades - that is a conference -not a release.....

What apple needs is to provide specific readable words -----

You will note that the conference link does not even say what it is about.

It fails a very key test for ease of understanding and directness of information.

It is not unreasonable for somebody to expect to not have to watch a video

Jeez - it is 34 minutes long!!! -

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/100716iab73asc/event/index.html

This "press conference"! Actually, that video pretty much gives all the info needed here. Says late this week, ordering and refund info will be available on the Apple site. Seems pretty clear to me. I dont think he mentions anything about anything being available in stores. CNN needs to get their facts straight.

So let me get this straight. You posted that it would be easier for someone to watch 30 minutes to get a quick answer vs you just providing it since you already had the information. And you call someone's question stupid?!

Wow.

spades1412

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
Yes, I agree. However, if one is truly impacted by this problem you would think they would take the time to watch the press conference that explains exactly what Apple intends to do about it. Its pretty easy to find on the Apple site. I agree though, it should be clearly titled to the topic it covers.

The clip on that CNN link is much shorter and gets to the point however the article is wrong and very misleading. Who knows how many people are reading that and waltzing into Apple stores to be turned away.

TheBigYahi

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2010
I bought mine (black) at the Apple Store last week so I assume I'll just need to give them the receipt number for a refund at some point.

For my wife's (blue), I ordered it online Friday before the presser and assume I'll just have to give them the order number after I get it.

Doesn't sound unreasonable, no? Hope they make it that easy.

timmy2

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2010
I agree with ou a bit

Yes, I agree. However, if one is truly impacted by this problem you would think they would take the time to watch the press conference that explains exactly what Apple intends to do about it. Its pretty easy to find on the Apple site. I agree though, it should be clearly titled to the topic it covers.

The clip on that CNN link is much shorter and gets to the point however the article is wrong and very misleading. Who knows how many people are reading that and waltzing into Apple stores to be turned away.

I sort of agree with you - but if people are just looking for info - and don't want to watch the video it should not be mandatory.

To me the issue is that Apple should try to make it easier not harder. I am sure thatthey could cut down the noise by being direct - instead they make it hard and frustrating.

I have been around a long time - and remember well when most people thought apple was dead, IBM was evil and Microsft was hot, and XEROX sued everybody over the GUI and the walkman was king.

Things change in this business on a dime. When perception is so important in the consumer market and other phones are catching some air Apple should know better. We don't all want to drink the kool-aid!

I fear that the Summer of 2010 will turn out to be the top of Apple's reputation. :rolleyes:

spades1412

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
I bought mine (black) at the Apple Store last week so I assume I'll just need to give them the receipt number for a refund at some point.

For my wife's (blue), I ordered it online Friday before the presser and assume I'll just have to give them the order number after I get it.

Doesn't sound unreasonable, no? Hope they make it that easy.

Should be one refund or case per iphone. I'm sure they will somehow match each case or refund given to each iphones serial number. I'm guessing you will be good for 2 refunds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.