Can I get a free colored bumper through the Case Program?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by maclook, Jul 31, 2010.

1. maclook macrumors 65816

Apple only offers a black bumper through their case program but they also offer refunds and rebates if you bought one from an Apple or AT&T store. So I'm wondering if I can cheat the system and buy a colored bumper at a store and then get a refund.

If anyone else has tried to get a free colored bumper, can you tell me if you had any success? Thanks!

2. Autopilot638 macrumors 6502

The question is, can you find a coloured bumper at a store right now?

3. og3og macrumors member

og3og

I purchased 3 bumpers, all 3 were automatically refunded. Got the Black on launch day and then White and Blue a couple of weeks later. I didn't have to do anything, got emails stating refunds were being processed.

4. maclook thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm also wondering that. Damn, the store.apple.com also says bumpers are "currently unavailable". So, as of now, it's practically impossible to get a colored bumper in the first place?

5. maclook thread starter macrumors 65816

That's great! May I ask what store and when you bought them?

edit: nvm, read your response again and got the answers I needed.

6. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Those who bought bumpers before the announcement were refunded. Beginning the day of the announcement, all colored bumpers were pulled from Apple's site, and they've been unavailable since. A few lucky people found them at stores right after that, but there have been no reports of anyone seeing them since that time. A few WalMarts apparently had the white ones available for a bit as well, but none of the other colors, and not all WalMarts had them in stock.

The only place to get one now is eBay, and you can expect to pay a premium. No idea if you can persuade Apple to refund that cost if you do so.

7. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

8. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

Read the terms. They'll only refund one that were purchased on or before the start date of the case program.

So no you can't. Get a black one and be happy with it.

9. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Lmaoo:D

10. ngrimes-2010 macrumors regular

Yep, impossible.

Call your local Walmart. Some people have been able to find them there since they carry the ip4 in limited quantities.

Let us know if you find one!

11. maclook thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the tip, though the rebate only applies to AT&T store purchases. I might still interested in a colored bumper even if it isn't free. A few of the colors have grown on me since they were unveiled and I thought they were a bit fruity looking. I'm going to call around and see if there are any choices.

12. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

If you look hard enough, you can find decent prices for them on ebay. I got a pink one last week for $34 shipped. I don't know about the availability of other colors, though, as pink was the only one I searched for.