Can I get a higher resolution?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by peanutismint, Dec 28, 2011.

1. peanutismint macrumors 6502

peanutismint

Okay - time for a stupid question......

My 13" macbook pro supports a resolution up to 1280 x 800 - can I get a higher resolution than that on this machine? I know it's unlikely, I only ask as I usually use it with an external display and when I'm away from that display I find it really hard to fit everything onto my 13" screen!! I realise this is an asinine question but I just had to ask.....

2. simsaladimbamba

No, as 1280 x 800 is its native and maximum resolution, and I don't know of any 13" panel with a higher resolution, that would even fit. Maybe the 13" MBA panel?

3. peanutismint thread starter macrumors 6502

peanutismint

Cool, just checking :) Yeah so the MBA provides a higher resolution? Because I've been regarding my housemate's with envious eyes and I *thought* his screen looked 'sharper'.... Might just have to hold fire and grab one of the new MBPs with supposed 'retina displays' in 2012!!

Thanks again.

4. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

Yes, the MBA does have a slightly higher res, but the viewing angles are worse.

5. Jiten, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011

Jiten macrumors 6502a

Jiten

Yeah it pretty impossible to increase the resolution of Macbook Pro's screen. Why not maximize the use of mission control?