Can I get a replacement from Apple store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by londoner888, Oct 23, 2011.

1. londoner888 macrumors regular

londoner888

I upgraded to a 4s from a Vodafone store but the battery life is a joke!

I charged to 100% and after 48 mins usage it was down to 80%!

Currently it's at 45% with 2hrs 45mins usage and 14hours 35mins standby.

Thinking to get it replaced, can I go to an Apple store to get one or does it have to be a Vodafone store?

2. neile45 macrumors regular

so, you are saying 18 hours of total time off the charger, and you are at 45% and you are complaining?:confused:

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

You can make an appt. at the Genius bar at an Apple store. If they think it's a fault they will replace it on the spot. Don't know if they will or not. You should really try restoring it from a back up or preferably as new first. Beware if you restore it as new you will lose any texts, game data etc.

4. londoner888 thread starter macrumors regular

londoner888

My main issue is how it went down to 80% from a full charge to 100% after light usage (10 min phone call and a bit of browsing).
    Something that never happened with my iPhone 4.

Bear in mind that 8 of those standby hours the phone was in airplane mode, as I switch it when I'm sleeping.

----------

So it doesn't matter that I never bought it direct from an Apple store then?

I'll give the restore a try (how does this help exactly) and failing that I guess I'll take it into Apple.

5. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

Doesn't matter if it wasn't bought from an apple store. You get 1 year warranty with apple.

6. Mr.C macrumors 601

No it doesn't matter where you bought it. If you feel needs replacing under warranty you can go directly to Apple as your warranty is with them. You just need to make an appt. at the Apple store Genius bar.

7. ithing macrumors newbie

Chances are you'll still get the same battery problem phone but refurbished. It's iOS5 problem not yours. Haven't heard anyone who got the battery problem fixed by replacing.

8. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Erm, look at the advertised standby and usage times. He's well within his right to complain about that.

9. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

holy ****, are you serious?

so by your standards, a phone should last years on standby and still give you 6-8 hours of usage.

you need to learn how batteries work.

:rolleyes:

10. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Years?? Hyperbole much? The advertised time is 200 hours standby and 9 hours 3G usage.

He got under 3 hours use and 14 standby, and it put him down to 45%. Unless the battery started draining slower, then it would be considerably off it's advertised battery time (~2/3). I think you need to chill out a bit, and stop assuming people don't know things because you disagree.

11. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Why don't you call them and get an answer straight from the source?

12. cperchard macrumors 6502a

it's not 200 hours standby AND 9 hours usage on top!!

It's one or the other!