Can i get a replacement Screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ant131531, Aug 13, 2009.

1. ant131531 macrumors member

Today, i found out i have a scratch that runs over half my screen..I think it's the oleophobic coating because my ipod touch never scratched this easily and i did nothing to scratch the phone. It just so odd...I already had 3 2 millimi meter hairline scatches on the screen but decided to let it go..but this...this is huge and about 1 to 1 1/2 inches...Can i get a replacement for this..i bought the phone 1 week and 5 days ago..

2. qawsed macrumors regular

Asked and answered. No. You scratched it, end of. Sorry if I sound abrupt!

3. fishstacks macrumors member

Yes, mail it to me and I will mail you a replacement.

4. ant131531 thread starter macrumors member

Like i said, i did not scatch it....How about reading a bit more...

How about no? Scammer..

5. samcraig macrumors P6

If YOU didn't scratch it - how did it get scratched? Divine intervention? Does the scratch look like Mary?

6. ant131531 thread starter macrumors member

That's what I'm wondering myself...but i had 3 milimeter scatches the day right after i got the phone so i know the screen scatches easily....

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

No, you can not get a replacement for your scratched screen.

8. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Well, not to sound cliche, but your screen didn't just get up and scratch itself. Whether you realize it or not, something you did something that scratched your screen. You will have a hard time convincing us, and you will certainly have a hard time convincing apple, that through the miracle of divine intervention your screen spontaneously scratched itself and you are deserving of a replacement based on its faulty, self-scratching nature.

9. samcraig macrumors P6

"Apple I believe you left some nanorobots on my screen which, after they laid down the oleophobic layer decided to go ice skating and scratched my screen. Can I get a replacement?"

10. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-