Can I get Adobe FlashPlayer on iPhone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by joeymoon, Sep 2, 2009.

1. joeymoon macrumors newbie

I want Adobe FlashPlayer because alot of radio shows use this format, so I could just listen live through Safari on my iPhone 3GS. Any idea how to do this??

thanks!

2. Syonidism macrumors regular

3. andyh2 macrumors member

No, Flash Player is not available for the iPhone yet.

4. joeymoon thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the help smarta$$. for your info i did a google search, and searched the forums. there are some youtube videos claiming to show you how but they involve something called "cydia" and "purplera1n", but then another video says don't use purplerain b/c it is crap and doesn't work, so i came here to ask the experts.

i understand it's not officially available, but is there any program, like this "cydia" thing, that will allow it to play on the iPhone?

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Okay, first I want you to truly believe I am not trying to be a smart### here. However, I do feel the forums should help new people here as much as possible, and that's what I'm going to attempt to do by showing you what you could do. Make sense?

So, you were asking about cydia and flash. All you needed to do was put those two search terms in "search forums" (and if you really wanted to constrain the search, you could put nothing in, click search forums, and then put the terms in and click the hack forums and then click search). Anyway, after you did that, a new screen would come up with the search results. Just a few threads down this came up:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=682462&highlight=flash+cydia

Note: I left the highlights in.

The title even has flash and J/B.

You can look through the rest of the threads and you might find something new out there.

So, had you done that, you wouldn't have had to experience some of the comments you got. Some people just lose their patience answering the same questions over and over is all. My pet peeve is MMS. :)

I hope that helped you for what you wanted and in the future.

6. joeymoon thread starter macrumors newbie

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Hmmm....so based on my sig, I must assume you had nothing nice to say. :)

8. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Can I install Flash on a bunnie? I'm too lazy to check Google. :)

9. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

If you don't even know what cydia is then you haven't search enough. You are looking for unofficial app and cydia is the only place to get it. Don't blame others when you are too lazy to search more.

10. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

My thoughts exactly when I read his "cydia" and "purplrain" post, but I didn't wan't to fan the fire.