Can I Get an Early Upgrade Price?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Seraphx17, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Seraphx17 macrumors member

My first iPhone was the 3G. Then last year I got the 3GS for the early upgrade. This year, when checking the status of upgrade eligibility I get this:

"You can take advantage of our no commitment pricing at a participating retail sales location. You may qualify for a full discount on a standard iPhone upgrade on 02/20/2011"

Can I get the early upgrade pricing and sign a new 2 year contract of $399-499 (not the full discount, which I know I'm not eligible for)? Or are they forcing me to finish out my contract, pay the full $600-700, and not renew my service with them?

2. johnrs macrumors 6502a

why not phone and ask them.. Be must easier and you hear from the horses mouth so to speak... :D

3. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

You have no early upgrade. If you choose to get the phone you'll be paying full price. You can receive reduced pricing in November. I know this because i have the same date as you and many others so I called them yesterday.

4. Seraphx17 thread starter macrumors member

Are you sure? So I can pay $400 extra now or wait and pay a completely subsidized price? There is no middle? I am on a family plan, so what about this other line:

"As a valued AT&T customer, we can offer you a discounted iPhone upgrade with a new 2-year commitment and an $18 upgrade fee."

Is that the early upgrade or full subsidized price? It says that for a line that's had a 3G for 2 years and a line that got a 3GS on launch (like me).

5. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

You won't be paying $400 you'll be paying $599. The line with the February date is not eligible for an early upgrade until November.

The message for the other line is the early upgrade message, that line you can purchase at the $399/$499 early upgrade prices.

6. Seraphx17 thread starter macrumors member

That doesn't make sense. Why does the line that has had a phone for 2 years and whose contract is up have to pay the early upgrade price of $499?

7. Seraphx17 thread starter macrumors member

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

You waited 16 minutes before bumping, give people a chance to reply. Call AT&T, they're the only ones who can tell you if you get an early upgrade.

9. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Call them, I had the same message you did but my date is even farther, which is in March 2011, yet I did get my early upgrade.

10. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

So then what does the message say if you qualify for the full discount at $199/$299?