Can I get an education discount @ Apple Stores?

MacFan782040

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
Scranton, PA
I'm getting a new iPod, and it just occured to me that maybe I can get it faster if I make a trip to the local mall and get one at an Apple Store rather than online. But can I get the edu. discount there?

Thanks.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
MacFan782040 said:
I'm getting a new iPod, and it just occured to me that maybe I can get it faster if I make a trip to the local mall and get one at an Apple Store rather than online. But can I get the edu. discount there?

Thanks.
Yes. You can't get the edu discount on software (AFAIK), but it's not a problem with hardware. Bring your ID.

mauly

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2003
Manchester, England
MacFan782040 said:

Thanks.
Sames question: but apple resellers!!?

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
apple resellers do not offer edu discounts on anything, they're not allowed.

mauly

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2003
Manchester, England
Kwyjibo said:
apple resellers do not offer edu discounts on anything, they're not allowed.
Well my nearest apple reseller does! £15 of a £1300 iMac G5 which is a bit pathetic, whats that? just over 1% to us skint students... :rolleyes:

nina

macrumors member
May 27, 2004
Okay... what if I'm a student from out of state (or out of the country?)

I'm a Canadian university student, and I'm planning on heading to NYC this April. If time permits, I'd love to visit the SoHo Apple Store and pick up a Shuffle as a "souvenir". ;)

Has anyone been successful at getting the EDU discount if they're a student from outside the US?

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
nina said:
Okay... what if I'm a student from out of state (or out of the country?)

I'm a Canadian university student, and I'm planning on heading to NYC this April. If time permits, I'd love to visit the SoHo Apple Store and pick up a Shuffle as a "souvenir". ;)

Has anyone been successful at getting the EDU discount if they're a student from outside the US?
terms of educational discount online at apple.com specifies u.s. institutions. so i doubt you can use canadian ID.

you can, however, use canadian education discount...

TheBigB

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2005
This will probably be rejected, but what if my brother (in college) shows them his ID, but I pay with my credit card? Is that still a viable solution at the store?

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
Only students at US universities are eligible for the discount in the US. Apple doesn't care who pays, so if you have a friend with an ID (and state photo ID) - then you could work it that way. It would not technically be "your" iPod though.

deral

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
Kahuku, Hawai'i
I even boughted iPod Socks with education discount at the apple store. But the online store right now has free engraving (mini and white) which I think is Lite Rock Kick Ass Cool, but if you don't mind the shipping wait, think about that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.