Can I get an iPhone4?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by CoachRufus87, Jun 27, 2010.

1. CoachRufus87 macrumors newbie

My 3g broke today and I didn't preorder the 4. I was wondering if Apple retail stores had units on hand to sell to folks who came in (first come, first serve style) in addition to the ones they were giving to those who had pre-ordered. i may go out to the store tomorrow morning a few hours before opening since I really, really need a phone.

thanks folks

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

All the pre-orders have expired. It's all first come first serve. The inventory depends on your area.

3. CoachRufus87 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks appleguy. i live in austin where we're lucky to have 2 apple stores, so i may just flip a coin

4. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

I just used ESP to track down your location and to figure out which iphone you want. Now I'm trying to use ESP to find out if that store has any stock, but I don't think anyone is there presently.

I will report back later when I know.
    :confused:

5. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

In previous years Apple has posted Store inventory of iPhones in the stores. The may do so this year.

6. Vylen macrumors 65816

Why don't you just call them.. you know... on a phone... and ask.

7. DaveRobertson82 macrumors newbie

Give your local store a ring [​IMG] or just head to both stores and ask at the counter, no one here is gonna know

8. CoachRufus87 thread starter macrumors newbie

i can't quite call them...i have no phone.

swung by the apple store and they said that apple would be re-launching that site that would allow you to make reservations online. he estimated that it'd be at least a week though. a week with no cell-phone...should be interesting. thank goodness for twitter & google voice