Can I get any IPOD with the free IPOD for students?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Phatferd, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Phatferd macrumors newbie

I am going to buy a laptop in the next few weeks and am a college student, so I plan on getting the free IPOD. I have an iPhone, so I have no need for an 8gb touch. Can I get any IPOD and pay the difference? I kind of want the 120gb classic.

Otherwise I'm just gonna sell the 8gb touch if I am limited to buying that.

2. iBadger macrumors member

You get a 229 rebate for any ipod, so you get 229 back for the 120gb classic.

" Buy a qualifying Mac and iPod with your Apple education discount from May 27, 2009, through September 8, 2009, and receive an online rebate up to $229"

This shows the rebate amount for each ipod http://images.apple.com/promo/pdf/BTS09_TermsConditions-US_v2.pdf

3. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Only the following Apple Computers qualify for this promotion: iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and Mac Pro (“Apple Computers”). Configure-to-order
    versions of these Apple Computers qualify for this offer. Refurbished Apple Computers do not qualify. Mac mini does not qualify. All iPod models in the table below qualify for this promotion.
    Refurbished iPod models do not qualify. The eligible Apple Computers and iPod models listed herein are collectively referred to as “Qualifying Products.”
    REBATE AMOUNTS: The rebate amount, up to $229, is determined by the following table but will not exceed the list price of the iPod, excluding tax, on the U.S. Apple Online Store
    (www.store.apple.com).
    iPod Rebate Amount
    iPod touch $229
    iPod classic 120GB $229
    iPod nano 16GB $199
    iPod nano 8GB $149
    iPod shuffle 4GB $79

From PDF

4. ecstasy macrumors 6502

ecstasy

The iPod Classic 120GB is listed as $249 on the Apple site.

Hmm..

5. scarboni21 macrumors regular

You would just have to pay the extra $20

6. nicoritschel macrumors regular

that's exactly what i did