Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
Howdy,

I'm looking to purchase a new in box 3g iphone on eBay. Can I purchase Applecare for it? When will the applecare expire, and is the date of purchase when I buy it from the seller, or when the seller bought it from apple? How does apple know when the seller purchased it from them?

Thanks for your help.

netslacker

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
Howdy,

I'm looking to purchase a new in box 3g iphone on eBay. Can I purchase Applecare for it? When will the applecare expire, and is the date of purchase when I buy it from the seller, or when the seller bought it from apple? How does apple know when the seller purchased it from them?

Thanks for your help.

You can get apple care so long as the phone is still within the first year of warranty.

Go here to check the warranty status of your device, just enter the serial number:
https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

netslacker

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
Warranty starts at the time the first owner purchased it, not when you got it off of ebay. Apple care will cover it for an extra year beyond the original first year, check the link above and you'll know the date that the original warranty expires.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.