Can I get Applecare for my MB(purchased in US) from Canada.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 9, 2007.

1. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

I just noticed that MB anniversary is fast approaching and so is the end of it`s warranty. My cousin got this CD MB on May 16,06 from US. So that makes it just 5 days before I can get the Applecare for it. I had initially decided against applecare as I intended to sell it before the warranty was over. But now since i have this MB with me till now, I think extending the warranty wouldnt be a bad idea. If only I could get it cheaper....

I think it is possible to buy the Applecare from Canada(my friend is studying there) for my MB. But thats mostly my assumption. Can someone else please confirm it?

Also, how much does the Apple care cost after students discounts?

2. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

AFAIK you have to buy the AppleCare in the same country as you purchased the Mac in. At least that is what Apple told me.

3. kwood macrumors 6502a

kwood

How will Apple know where you purchased it? Apple is a global company you can call from anywhere in the world and get support. You could always call and ask.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I really don't think you need to buy Applecare from the country you purchased your laptop. Support and warranty is worldwide.

5. copperhead macrumors member