Carrier Can I get AT&T Next at the Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Doctor11, Sep 12, 2014.

1. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Today I wanted to see what my cheapest option for upgrading to the iPhone 6. I went to AT&T to see what they could tell me about price and stuff and I decided the best way to go is AT&T next. Now I dont want to wait long to get my phone (DUUH) and the AT&T store wont have them for at least work 50 days. I was wondering and hoping I could upgrade and get AT&T next at the Apple Store.
    Can I do that?

2. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

There have been a couple of stories in the last couple of weeks claiming that Apple is going to start doing that and even that they have trained their people for it.

I've gotten conflicting info from Apple, depending on who I talk to.

Your best bet is to actually go into an Apple store and discuss it with them ahead of 9/19

3. The Doctor11 thread starter macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Thank you. If they do that would be perfect. And im going to try and go talk to them sometime before launch.

4. nostresshere macrumors 68030

ATT will have phones on day one unless you know something I don't know.

5. The Doctor11 thread starter macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Well Apple probably wont be giving them the gold one usally just space grey. And the employees have no idea if they are getting any.

6. derekgroves macrumors member

Did you confirm directly with any Apple Stores ahead of time if you will be able to do NEXT in store?

7. The Doctor11 thread starter macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Nope I plan to call them later today

8. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

I did it online. You can definitely do it in the store; all it entails is signing a contract, which Apple has always been able to do in their stores since the original iPhone release. No worries; if you're qualified, you've got it.

9. SecondBreakfast macrumors member

I just did. Their answer was a resounding 'Yes'.

10. The Doctor11 thread starter macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Unfortunately I just found out that AT&T wont give me $200 for my phone unless I buy one from them. Now im **** out of luck and need to buy it from ****ing AT&T. But thanks for all of the responses.

11. DotCom2 macrumors 68040

You mean you can do the ATT NEXT Plan through Apple either online or through the retail store but in order to get the ATT $200 promo they are running for a trade-in, you have to actually buy the phone through ATT?

12. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

A friend of mine manages an Apple Store. I confirmed with her that YES you can sign up for (and use upgrades for) NEXT at the store.

13. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Also Apple retail stores will be doing trade-ins, too, so that a customer can not only make the change to the Next program (Apple staff has been trained on all the different carriers and their options), he or she can also trade in the old iPhone right there at the Apple store, no need to worry about going to the AT&T store instead. At the trade-in, the customer is given an Apple gift card which can then immediately be used to purchase the new iPhone. I have this information on good authority from a friend who works at the Apple store.

14. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

Depends on the State. No for NY*, but I would just go through the pre-order on the site and make sure.

* Not sure if it's entire state but Apple and AT&T both said no in my case.

15. The Doctor11 thread starter macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Yes. Its ********.

16. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

ATT Next is a scam. That's why if you call ATT and ask them regarding upgrading they will try to shove Next down your throat. You are paying $400 more than you have to.

NEXT - you have been scammed. Thank you for choosing ATT.

NEXT... etc

17. The Doctor11 thread starter macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Actually AT&T just ****s up the 2 year contract so bad it works out better. With next you pay monthly until you have paid for the phone then they drop that monthly charge. With 2 year contract they charge $40 a month and never ever drop that.

----------

Well a bit of an update because i'm sure you care :rolleyes:. Today I went to AT&T to get on the list of waiting. And it worked out nicely to my surprise. As it turns out most people who orderd the 6 got space grey and silver. And I like the gold way way way way WAY more then space grey or silver:D. I should get it in 7-14 days... Well that's what I was told.

18. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Actually, once you finish your 2-year term, it does go down to $15 if you don't renew.

19. The Doctor11 thread starter macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Not what I was told over and over and over

20. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Then maybe those customer service reps should start reading their own company's fine print. :rolleyes: