Can I get away with submitting an unfinished app?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by moonman239, Oct 30, 2012.

?

Could I get away with doing that?

Poll closed Oct 31, 2012.
  1. Apple's guidelines don't just apply to apps with known bugs. Your app will get rejected for sure.

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Apple may accept your app, but your customers definitely won't like it.

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. You might get away with doing that.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. moonman239 macrumors 68000

I'm talking about a paid app that's supposed to include about 100 recipes. Unfortunately, I slacked off and now have a day to get those 100 recipes in and a few small extras.

Do you think I can get away with submitting an app and delivering more content later? EDIT: I haven't done much work on the app. I have 4 recipes at present.

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Why the deadline?

3. moonman239, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012

moonman239 thread starter macrumors 68000

The company I am building this app for, *name cut out*, wants to have the app in the store by January, to coincide with the launch of their new book. Do you think that the app could be in the store by then if it were finished tomorrow? If not, I'll just tell them the approval process will likely take too long.

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Should only take just over a week for approval, as long as you don't run into hiccups. Attached is the latest App Store Review Status stats.

My advice, take the time to produce a "complete" app both for the sake of the client's reputation and to avoid annoying your users. And be careful what you admit to here. Clean Cuisine would probably not like to discover from an internet forum that you were slacking off.

Attached Files:

5. moonman239 thread starter macrumors 68000

OK. I cut out the company's name, just to be safe. Please do the same.