Can i get ibec and ibss files after 3.1 firmware?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Baadshah, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Baadshah macrumors 6502

Dear Members
    iPhone will be out here in Denmark on 31 july, but if my iphone is still on 3.0 firmware, but apple has released 3.1 firmware out. Will i be able to get ibec and ibss files??

Someone told me that if apple has stoppet signing 3.0 firmware i wont be able to get the ibec and ibss files.

is that true?

BTW is it really that important to get those 2 files for further jailbreak?:confused:

Cause geo hut has not said anything regarding this ibec and ibss files and only dev team are saying this. Have u all takken those files.?

2. Baadshah thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Agent 21 macrumors regular

Not sure if you can still get them if 3.1 is released. I want to say yes as long as you have 3.0 installed and do not upgrade to 3.1, but I'm not saying that with 100% certainty.

I got the iBSS and iBEC files as soon as the Dev Team suggested, along with the original suggestion of getting the ECID, so I have all three. Didn't need any of 'em to JB (purplera1n method) but I'd much rather have all of them should I need 'em in the future than need them and NOT have them.

4. Baadshah thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah, thats the confusion i have, anyone else who knows this pls tell:eek: