Can I get Mountain Lion's Dock on Snow Leopard? (Candybar customization)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by LeandrodaFL, Sep 21, 2013.

1. LeandrodaFL macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL

Hey all, I happen to own a Mac with Snow Leopard and another with Mountain Lion. One thing I love about ML (the only thing actually) is the new dock, that snow/ice feel too it and the new separator, much more elegant. I would like to have this dock on SL

Now, Candybar does offer customization for the dock in SL, I actually have a "TRON like" dock. I am searching devianart for the "ML like" dock, but I found no thing close to it. I did find the separator, but not yet the dock itself. There are things online, but they are in very bad quality. Does anybody have a satisfatory dock? I would apreciate the link

2. JBlaze1225 macrumors newbie

Sad News

Well one option for sure is that you can create one in photoshop, save it as a PNG then open candy bar and select the dock you created and just import it and bam there's your dock. In 10.7 and up since Apple rendered the dock a different way now candybar is pretty much done. If you still have SL then by all means create to your hearts content but just know that 10.7 is out of the question for customization. Here's the website giving you all the sad info you need, Apple dropped the ball on this one not only with the dock but with the icons as well.

http://www.panic.com/blog/2012/08/candybar-mountain-lion-and-beyond