Can I get my iMac to "forget" a password.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mrsmacis, Sep 5, 2010.

1. mrsmacis macrumors newbie

I have my iMac "remembering" passwords for sites like EBay so when I click on the bookmark it just autofills the password for me. Am I able to undo that, so that the password has to be manually typed in. Am trying to do some early Christmas shopping and want to keep the rest of the family out of my Ebay site. Thanks or any help anyone can offer.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Safari Menu > Reset Safari > Remove saved names and passwords + Remove cookies

[​IMG]

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Macintosh HD / Applications / Utilities / Keychain Access

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's another way of getting there. Just seems faster via the menu bar for me.

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I know, I have it there too for my mobile computers, but that lock is not there unless one puts it there, thus my addition of the location. One might never know. Btw, what would you delete there? "Safari Forms Autofill"?

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Just search for ebay and it will pull up the web form password for that site.

By the way, this method allows you to selectively delete individual passwords, instead of deleting them all, using this method:

8. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I don't have an eBay account currently in my database of autofills, but I tried "macr" for MacRumors and it couldn't find anything. Isn't that "keep me logged in" setting done via cookies?

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I don't know why it doesn't find it for you. It does for me:
    ScreenCap 2.PNG
    Cookies keep you logged in, but they don't autofill the password when you initially log in. That's done via Keychain.