Can I get my off-centered (screen) iphone replaced?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by UCLAkers, Oct 8, 2008.

1. UCLAkers macrumors member

Just wondering.. I've noticed that my screen is off-centered pretty dang noticeably. when you're not directly under a room light/sunlight it's hard to see, but it's the off-centering seems to have gotten worse in the last couple of days. so I've already made an appointment with a genius here in LA, but am I wasting my time? or does it just depend on how nice he/she is about it?

is a full retail replacement for this problem possible? I've heard that even if it's passed the first 2 week period after original purchase, retail replacements are still possible.. ?

Thanks! :D

2. UCLAkers thread starter macrumors member

3. crazylegsmurphy macrumors 6502

Honestly (and you're going to see a lot of this from me on this and other forums) if you're not happy with the quality, demand a new phone until you are.

$300 is a lot of money no matter where you're from (unless you're like, Tom Cruise or something), and you're also stuck with a contract for 2 - 3 years with that phone.

Tell them that you would like a replacement for the issue and if they give you the "cosmetic" run around let them know that isn't acceptable and that you deserve to have a phone that is built correctly for your $300.

4. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

I've had my iPhone swapped out for less annoying things. ;)

Also, read the forum rules. Thread bumping is not allowed.

5. UCLAkers thread starter macrumors member

oops sorry, my bad. but thanks fellas for your replies.

6. yode macrumors 6502

Whatever you do do not go to century city's apple store. I find them very picky and using the term "in spec" a lot more than they should. They are *******s. I had much more luck at the grove.

Btw, Bruins? yuck

7. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

Really? I didnt know that, thats kinda gay tho:p