Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

TechnoChallenge

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2013
Help Please!

My iPhone 4 was stolen when I was overseas and it had a lot of trip photos on it. I was constantly backing it up to iCloud over wifi while I was away.

I can see it on my new iPhone 5 when I go to Settings > iCloud > Storage and Backup > Manage Storage

It says it's taken up 4.8 GB and my new one is also there as having taken up less than 1 GB so far.

I can't see the photos from my old iPhone 4 on iCloud... Is there any way to get those photos back?!

Thanks.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Help Please!

My iPhone 4 was stolen when I was overseas and it had a lot of trip photos on it. I was constantly backing it up to iCloud over wifi while I was away.

I can see it on my new iPhone 5 when I go to Settings > iCloud > Storage and Backup > Manage Storage

It says it's taken up 4.8 GB and my new one is also there as having taken up less than 1 GB so far.

I can't see the photos from my old iPhone 4 on iCloud... Is there any way to get those photos back?!

Thanks.

Restore your new iPhone 5 from your old iCloud backup? That would bring the photos back.

Also if you had photostream on and have the latest version of iPhoto on a computer it may be there as well.

Comment

cg399

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2012
Hurghada, Egypt
Tyler23 is right; but the restore process can take ages...

After the original restore; apps, photos, music etc. continue to download in the background - depending on how many GB there are this might take a loooong time.

You can check whether it is complete by going to Settings -> iCloud - > Storage and Backup. It'll tell you whether it is still in progress.

Hope that helps!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.