Can I get replacement OS X 10.4 (G4) Discs?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mac.andy, Feb 22, 2009.

1. mac.andy macrumors member

Hi!

I really need to rebuild my poor old iMac G4 with OS X 10.4. This is where my problem lies. I remember purchasing the software, but since this is the first time for a couple of years that I felt the need to rebuild the computer; I went searching for my software.

Problem. :(

I just can't find the discs.

Should I contact Apple or a reseller to get replacement discs? I don't know even if anyone would still be selling OS X 10.4 for G4?
    :eek:

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

Apple will replace your original install disks for about $40. It's called fulfillment disks I think.

3. mac.andy thread starter macrumors member

$40 is a bit steep but it will teach me not to misplace important things.

4. mac.andy thread starter macrumors member

Found my OS X 10.4 DVD - saved! :cool:

G4 iMac working much smoother after a clean install.

5. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Finding the 10.4 disk was a blessing in disguise-- so keep it safe and make a backup in case of damage to the original!

Your System Restore disks for your G4 iMac (which as old-wiz noted above Apple for some reason calls fulfillment disks which I found out when I ordered a set) would have included either 10.2 or 10.3 depending on which version G4 iMac you have. The sets they send out are based on your serial number to insure that you get the exact dups of the disks that shipped with your particular Mac, so you would not have had access to 10.4 (and 10.4 Installers are worth thier weight in gold- see Amazon listings!:eek:).